Stay Active…Even While On Vacation
Vacations are a time to relax, but if you’re working toward a health or wellness goal, then it’s important for you to make time to squeeze in a workout. Don’t worry though – there are plenty of ways that you can sneak in workouts while you’re on vacation so that you can keep your body moving and your metabolism revved up for weight loss. Here are some easy, fast, and fun things you can do while on vacation to get in your workout:
- Go for a run on the beach early in the morning or as the sun goes down. This way, you can avoid crowds and high temperatures while still getting a good workout.
- Swim in the ocean or do a few laps in the pool each day. Swimming can give you a total body workout for all of your muscle groups.
- Use the hotel or resort fitness center for 30 minutes a day. If you have a busy travel schedule, try making time early in the morning so you can avoid any crowds or conflicts in your itinerary.
- Take in the sights on foot. Walking can be a low-impact but powerful exercise.
- Choose to spend some of your free time doing active excursions, like scuba diving, hiking, rock climbing, kayaking, or horseback riding.
- Take the stairs to your room instead of the elevator.
- Ask your hotel concierge if there are any exercise or yoga classes nearby. Visitors are almost always welcome!
- The same idea goes for gyms. Ask your hotel for nearby fitness centers and see if you can get a guest pass.
- Need to go long distances? See about renting a bike instead of taking a bus or other form of public transportation.